So before you get too hungry… here’s the recipe!
Vegetable and Fried Cauliflower Rice with “Dippy” Eggs
Yield: 2 Servings
1/2 large sweet potato, chopped
1/2 cup hot water
Extra virgin olive oil
1/4 large white onion, chopped
1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
1 small or medium green zucchini, chopped
1 1/2 cup cauliflower rice
1 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
Salt, pepper, and spices to taste (e.g. paprika, turmeric, or whatever you like)
Sprinkle of fresh or dried parsley
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chopped sweet potato and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup hot water to skillet and continue to cook sweet potatoes until water has evaporated.
- Stir in chopped onion, minced garlic, cayenne and crushed red pepper to potatoes and cook until onions are soft and starting to brown. May add drizzle of olive oil if needed.
- Continue stirring and add zucchini to skillet. Cook ~3 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and brown rices to skillet with drizzle of olive oil and season with salt, pepper, spices, and parsley. Stir and cook vegetables and rice until al dente or desired textures.
- Remove vegetables and fried rice from skillet to serving dishes.
- Turn skillet heat down to medium-low.
- Spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray or drizzle of olive oil and cook eggs until desired doneness (I love over-medium eggs).
- Serve vegetable fried rice hot with the “dippy” eggs on top. Enjoy!